It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are the correct WebSphere container tuning parameters?

Scott Crouch (48532326) | asked Mar 04 '13, 12:33 p.m.
 I found the article on tuning RTC 4.0 https://jazz.net/library/article/1029. But I just wanted to gut check on whether or not I'm understanding the article correctly. If I'm reading it correctly if you have 300 active users then you need to set the jdbc connection pool size to 7500? This is bumping it from the default of 128? This seems like a huge jump? 

Similarly the web container threads should be bumped to 300*50=15,000? 

Do these numbers sounds realistic against other large deployments? 

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Mar 04 '13, 6:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The idea in this article is to cover CONCURRENT users.  So while you may have 300 users, only a subset of those users will be accessing the infrastructure at the same time.  The web container threads should be multiplied by 10 (it says that later in the paragraph).  Keep in mind this is to cover BURSTS in usage (a worst case scenario).  As you start to get to these larger numbers, the increase should not really be linear.  I might imagine my small team of 10 developers all logging in and loading fresh workspaces at roughly the same time, however, I don't ever imagine the entire 500 developers in my division all logging in and reloading their workspaces at the same time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.