It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

prohibit assigning changeset to workitem with status 'done'

Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | asked Mar 04 '13, 5:29 a.m.
Hi,

Is there a way, to prohibit assigning changesets to a closed workitem?

Use case:
After promoting a workitem from dev to test, the user adds a changeset to a closed workitem. These changes need to be promoted as well, but issues arise when promoting the workitem again: 'one or more change sets are not in the source stream'.

Regards,
Bernd.

Comments
Bernd van Oostrum commented Mar 04 '13, 6:19 a.m. | edited Mar 04 '13, 6:20 a.m.

process configuration --> team configuration --> operation behavior --> save change set links and comments (server)

and then add the precondition "restrict associating to closed work items"

looks like a good way to do it, but after re-opening a workitem, the issue can still occur...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 04 '13, 6:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is operational behavior that you can configure in the Source control section. The Restrict Associating to Closed Work Items precondition should do what you want.

Comments
Bernd van Oostrum commented Mar 04 '13, 6:43 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I tried that option. However... as I put in my comment, it is possible to re-open a workitem. This could still introduce the problem.

What would be a good way to avoid the message 'one or more change sets are not in the source stream' when promoting workitems?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 7:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't comment on your comment above, but You could look into making the closed state a dead state, or try to prevent the ordinary user to re-open the work item.
Otherwise you can create your own operation advisor that prevents adding change sets to work items on some condition. For example have a flag that "closes" the work item for adding change sets. See an example here: http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.