It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to filter a reportable REST URL by the value of a custom attribute?

Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | asked Mar 02 '13, 2:42 p.m.
workitem/workItem[stringExtensions/value="foo"]/id results in "Error 500: CRRED0135E: Illegal filter.  The field 'workitem/stringExtensions/value' may not be used in a filter because it returns multiple values."

Based on the discussion in 158711 I suspect the answer is no. 

I'm trying to create a document in RPE and I only want to include workitems that have a specific value set for a custom attribute.  Does anyone know of another approach I could take?

2 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Mar 08 '13, 4:30 p.m.
I did not find any way to do this via REST, so used a Condition Script Expression (key == "bar"  && value == "foo") in a nested query (under a workitem/workitem/stringExtensions query) within RPE to filter work items by a custom attribute key/value.

permanent link
Antoine LELEU (5012728) | answered Jun 12 '13, 7:09 a.m.
Hi Brian,

I very interested by this Post.
I 'm not sure to understand the syntaxe of the query. Please, can you write an example of this type of query.

Thanks,

Antoine

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Jun 12 '13, 11:04 a.m.

In RPE, you would create a query with a scripted filter (these are RPE terms and not REST API terms).  In my example it looks like this:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.