It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Teamserver properties -- what .tmpdir are USED for v4 ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Mar 01 '13, 1:02 p.m.
I'm tracking down "internal server error" on a Deliver and Resolve reported by one of our RTC users post 3.0.1.4 > 4.0.1 upgrade.  Doing some local RTC archaeology ( looking at teamserver.properties for older installations ) I find in prior V2 RTC installation:

com.ibm.team.workitem.tmpdir=/some/location
As we've migrated through 3 and onto 4 these properties have been carried along by the migration scripts.

In http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_upgrade_config_changes.html there are many changes made to what goes into teamserver.properties.

this property doesn't appear in the above, nor in the v2 or v3 document best I can tell.    In looking at the value for the workitem tmpdir I discovered that many didn't exist (especially in the location of the problem repository) so I have created them as a possible fix / precaution.

Is com.ibm.team.workitem.tmpdir used in 4.0.1 if it is defined ?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 05 '13, 11:36 a.m.

No takers?

One answer

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Mar 05 '13, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not specifically familiar with workitems code, but haven't been able to find any reference to this property and couldn't find any mention of it in the current source code.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 05 '13, 3:05 p.m.

I'm thinking that it's a carry over from days gone by;  I'll leave it in the configuration for now as I've created directories to match them.   Thanks for taking time to dig through the source ( although it's lots simpler if you've got the development environment configured )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.