It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import a table defined inside a Table in RQMWordImporter?

Sarvendra Kumar (1922426) | asked Mar 01 '13, 6:35 a.m.

I wish to import a table drawn inside the cell of a Table from which i am pulling dat to RQM using WordImporter.

Also if an image is present in the Table then how do we import it. I tried with RQMWordImporter 4.0.1 but could not get the table drwan inside the Table and also the image in the RQM Test Script Step.

Also i would like to get to know how to use RichText() function.

Comments
Sarvendra Kumar commented Mar 07 '13, 5:12 a.m.

Hi Hao Wan

Currently using RQMExcelImporter 4.0.2 RC1 for RQM 4.0.2 RC1 and I am trying to export the nested table as well as image inside a table to the "description" and "expected result" column of a test step of a test script.

6 answers

permanent link
Suraj Amasebail (1111) | answered May 29 '13, 11:33 a.m.
  Hello Hao Wan

Thanks for your reply. But my question was more on the tables. If I have a table inside an expected results cell, how can I import that to RQM without loosing the table. You mean to say using "RichText" will allow us to allow us to import the table for the expected result (or description) ?

Step #

Step Description

Expected Results

Verify that the cheese coming out of production is good

The UI displays the values as shown in the following table

Label Name

Label Value

Xyz

Abc

Enter the following values into the simulator

Verify that sine wave is displayed

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 29 '13, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Suraj,
you can refer to the sample
TestScript in Tables.doc
and change the value of the B8 in the 1st table to rich text format and change the config 
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=Table(1).B8
to testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=RichText(Table(1).B8)

permanent link
Suraj Amasebail (1111) | answered May 29 '13, 8:33 a.m.
 Hello Hao Wan

In your first comment, you mentioned following..

if the nested table is in Table("abc").B8 
you can use the config like 
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=RichText(Table("abc").B8) 

Can you provide us a sample word and cfg file to demonstrate this? That will be really helpful.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 17 '13, 11:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi sarvendra,

enhancement would not deliver to the RC release, so please wait for the 4.0.3.

permanent link
Sarvendra Kumar (1922426) | answered Mar 15 '13, 1:24 p.m.

Hi Hao Wan

I am trying to import the whole table present inside some cell of the given table  and also image which is present in some cell of the given table,  into the Description and Expected Result column of a Test Script.

I was unable to get it done via the above mentioned way.

Will I have to wait for RQMExcelImporter 4.0.3 or there can be an Enhancement Request raised for current RQMExcelImporter 4.0.2 RC1 ?

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 05 '13, 9:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 05 '13, 9:32 p.m.
Hi sarvendra,
RichText is used to format text in word/excel to xhtml format which will display on RQM web UI.
if you want to upload ".dat" file, you can use the attachment keyword, and image keyword is for image.
i.e.
if the nested table is in Table("abc").B8
you can use the config like
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign","RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE")=RichText(Table("abc").B8)
for more info. please refer to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#
and some support is addressed in
Excel/Word Importer - rich text support for styles other than "normal" (78945)
if it doesn't work well on Excel Importer 4.0.1 please wait for the Excel Importer 4.0.3 and I just tried with it can support importer table.

Excel:

RQM UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.