It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dependendy Build: Property "hostname" has not been set

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Feb 28 '13, 5:45 p.m.
retagged Mar 01 '13, 9:49 a.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
We're running RTC 4.0.0.1 on a WIN 2008, which integrates (or rather, should integrate) with IBM i.

Password file has been created on IBM i, with ID and PW that can access RTC. So far so good.
When running the Dependency Build, I get this:
Setting project property: team.enterprise.build.start.time -> 1362069639148
* Property "hostname" has not been set
* Property "userid" has not been set
* Property "userpw" has not been set
* Adding reference: SystemInstance
* Attempting to create object of type org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor
* Adding reference: ant.executor
* Build sequence for target(s) `all' is [fetch, build, all]
* Complete build sequence is [fetch, build, all, ]
* fetch:
*  INFO [main] (HttpMethodDirector.java:847) - Authentication requested but doAuthentication is disabled
*  INFO [main] (HttpMethodDirector.java:847) - Authentication requested but doAuthentication is disabled
* BUILD FAILED
* com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Error logging in to repository https://abc.com:9443/jazz/.  Verify that the repository address and credentials to log in are correct.

----
Where do I set the three properties:

Property "hostname", Property "userid", Property "userpw" ?
It can't be referring to the passwordfile aka 'jbe.sh -createPasswordFile pass.txt' ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Mar 01 '13, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can ignore those messages:

* Property "hostname" has not been set
* Property "userid" has not been set
* Property "userpw" has not been set

Even in my builds that I have working I am seeing those messages as well.  The properties it is using to try to connect to the repository are the ones JAZZ_USER and JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE that you specify in the startbfa.sh script to start the build agent.   JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE does refer to a password file created using jbe.
Kenneth Munch selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered May 28 '13, 3:32 a.m.
We get "...CRJAZ6023E...invalid userid..." every other week, or so.
We reset the password, update JAZZ_USER using jbe.sh, and the build runs again. We're unable to determine, what causes the password to revoke or expire.
Is it the BF Agent, who polls Eclipse, or ?

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Mar 05 '13, 5:10 a.m.
I reset the password a third time, and updated JAZZ_USER using jbe.sh (above).

Why the build user could not read its own WS, I cannot say. I created a new WS, and loaded it to match the old.
That worked.
Thanks for your help, Kevin (and Ralph)

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Mar 05 '13, 2:42 a.m.
The build user can now log on, using Eclipse. So far so good.
Dependency Build runs a bit longer, but for some reason the user cannot read his own workspace:
User 'BUILDER' does not have permission to read workspace 'Build WorkSpace'
Any ideas ?

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Mar 04 '13, 2:28 a.m.
Well, well. Interesting...
I've just added a Jazz Repository Connection - in the Eclipse client -for the build user defined as JAZZ_USER.
I cannot log on: "...CRJAZ6023E...invalid userid..."

Client info:

Server info:

Why am I able to log on through the web interface, using the same credentials ?

Comments
Kevin Doyle commented Mar 04 '13, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The web interface is a bit more flexible in who can login.  If the user you are trying to login with has repository permissions JazzAdmins then you will be able to login through the web ui.  You need to make sure a user is defined in the RTC repository with the user id you are trying to login with to make logging in with the Eclipse client work.

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Mar 01 '13, 10:27 a.m.
That's good to know. Thanks.
My JAZZ_USER and JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE have been specified like you describe. I've just checked the credentials, and I am able to log in using them.
It still complains, for some reason:
BUILD FAILED
* com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Error logging in to repository https://abc.com:9443/jazz/.  Verify that the repository address and credentials to log in are correct.

Do I need to define them somewhere else, besides in startbfa.sh ? (credentials are picked up OK, when I look in the build logfile).

Comments
Kevin Doyle commented Mar 01 '13, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The repository address it lists in the log is correct?  When you tried using the user id specified from JAZZ_USER and the password entered into the password file for JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE did you use the Eclipse client to login or the web client?  Make sure it works from the Eclipse client.  Also make sure to use the same case when logging in.

You don't need to specify JAZZ_USER and JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE anywhere else.  If you look in the build log file for those properties you should see the values you entered in the startbfa.sh script.  If you don't you need to restart the build agent and request the build again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.