It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Resource allocations on a per Iteration basis in a Project based on Scrum?

PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | asked Feb 28 '13, 1:09 p.m.
edited Feb 28 '13, 1:44 p.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)
Is there a way to do resource allocations on a per Iteration basis in a Project based on Scrum template and have "Resource TAB", similar to what we have in Formal Process so that we can change the % of allocation , date range for different users with respect to different Iteration .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 01 '13, 5:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I don't think that is possible. May main reason for that is that I don't think the agile scheduler works that way and there is no way, I am aware of, to allocate a user for an iteration.

It is possible to add some of the features of the formal project management template to the agile process templates. this is described here: https://jazz.net/library/article/572 . I am however in doubt that it would provide you with what you are looking for. If you want to try it out, I would suggest setting up a test server.
PRASANTA CHAUDHURI selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
PRASANTA CHAUDHURI (11032025) | answered Mar 01 '13, 2:01 p.m.

Thanks Ralph for your Answer.

Can we look in a different way which can be taken as enhancement --such that there will be a Master Timeline and that Master Timeline will have Nested Child Timeline and Subchild Timeline and each such Timeline will have its own associated Ieration  . Then in that case a particular Rsource can be given % of Allocation in one or  some identified Timelnes and wokitem will be "planned for" to the iteration where that iteration is associated with a Timeline . Each Timeline will be associated with a Team. This approach will give more grannular control on resource management INDIRECTLY via Iteration . % of Total Allocaion and Total Efforts should be rolled up to the TOP Project level Timeline AND data points should be ecposed to RRDI for further Calculation .

Thanks

PKC

(Prasanta Kumar Chaudhuri)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.