It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find an RTC server's time from a build engine? [solved]

M Holder (53610) | asked Feb 28 '13, 11:50 a.m.
edited Mar 14 '13, 7:26 a.m.
I'd like to make our builds more likely to survive past our daily offline backup window where the RTC server is unavailable for a couple of hours.

So is there a way for a build engine to find the server's time using the RTC java-api?
I've got an ITeamRepository and we're using the java API to do a lot of other things.

In addition is there any way to ask the RTC server what time its next scheduled shutdown (for offline backups) is?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 14 '13, 7:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, the CLM server does not know about when it is shut down. the shut down is something that is done from the outside - the application server level - probably using a script. So I assume you have to add some knowledge about your specific times into your solution.

One answer

permanent link
M Holder (53610) | answered Mar 14 '13, 7:25 a.m.
I ended up finding the server's time by creating an HttpsURLConnection conn to the Jazz server and then calling conn.getDate() , so no need to use the API at all.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.