It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 4.0 with RFT to record manual test scripts on same machine but multiple listenting RFT adapters for each user account.

Sean Lee-Loy (1941315) | asked Feb 26 '13, 10:47 a.m.

Hi I experienced some strange behavior on the following setup:

We have setup a test machine installed RFT 8.3  using administrator account, on Windows Server 2008 machine.

Then 2 different users login to the machine and start up the RFT adapter configured to Project Area using their own accounts (both adapters started with different adapter name on same machine)  

Then when User A starts recording their application we see the steps being populated in their test script in RQM.

However when User B starts recording their application we see their steps being populated in Users A test script! rather than his own within RQM.

Also when selecting "record" in RQM it brings up a window where you select the Adapter... they only list the Machine name but two instances (not the adapter name) so its confusing if User A is starting to record the test script on the machine but he may accidently select to record on User B's adapter.

Seems like when we have multiple RFT adapters started, so that more than one User can record scripts on a machine (Windows Server 2008) where each has their own account and desktop instance,  RQM cannot distinguish which test script to populate.

Comments
Sean Lee-Loy commented Mar 04 '13, 10:57 a.m.

Has anyone experienced this issue with RFT?  I've followed the documentation, but there is no relevant information on this sort of setup configuration.

I used the following on-line help.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_using_amt.html

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vijay Patil (4813) | answered Mar 04 '13, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sean,

Due to this behavior, running multiple RFT adapters on the same machine is not supported. Please start RFT adapters on different machines and start recording.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you.
Vijay.
Sean Lee-Loy selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered Jun 05 '13, 6:16 p.m.
Hi,

I created a request for enhancement (RFE) for this feature (multple adapters in the same machine). Anyone can vote on it to increase attention to this request

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=35353

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.