It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Schedule Enterprise deployment in RTC 4.0.0.1

James Cole (9532430) | asked Feb 26 '13, 6:35 a.m.
retagged Apr 18 '13, 12:55 p.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
 Hi All, 

I am trying to schedule a deployment out of hours. Therefore I set up the schedule tab to run at the correct time, like I would have done in RTC 3.0.1. However, when I run this in RTC 4.0.0.1 I get the following error message.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: To deploy a package for a non-sequental deployment definition, you must use a Rational Team Concert 4.0 or newer client.

I do not understand the error as I am using an RTC 4.0.0.1 client.

Has anyone else tried this with success?

Many Thanks 

James

3 answers

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Sep 09 '13, 7:30 a.m.
RTC Eclipse client, Build System Toolkit and BFA (on IBM i) are both ver 4.0.3.
Agent is running:

I did re-install the Build System Toolkit, because it had been installed on a 64 bit Installation Manager.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 09 '13, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Then I don't have an idea. Sorry. I'd suggest a PMR.

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Sep 09 '13, 4:49 a.m.
I get the same message, when trying to run a deployment. Eclipse client and BFA, on IBM i, are both version 4.0.3.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: To deploy a package for a non-sequental deployment definition, you must use a Rational Team Concert 4.0 or newer client.

Engine is running. All should be good.
Any idea ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 09 '13, 5:17 a.m.

Kenneth, I suspect the Jazz JBE and Build System Toolkit is still an older version. The question above certainly hinted that. It worked in the Eclipse client but not in the JBE. Can you check that please?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 26 '13, 9:26 a.m.
James, is this error message in Eclipse or somewhere in the logs e.g. once the JBE runs?

If it is the JBE, have you upgraded the JBE's when upgrading the server to 4.x?

Comments
James Cole commented Feb 26 '13, 9:34 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

This is the message I receive in the build - xxxxxxxx .log file, when reviewing the package log. 

The package runs fine if invoked from the rational eclipse client, just not the schedule.

Thanks 

James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.