It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create Dependent Enumeration with "Custom Enumeration" as a Source Attribute and "Type" as the Dependent Enumeration ?

Prasad Annamdasu (15453643) | asked Feb 25 '13, 7:14 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '13, 7:20 a.m.
 Hi, 

I am trying to create a Dependent Enumeration with "Custom Enumeration" as a Source Attribute and "Workitem Type" as the Dependent Enumeration. 

Is there a way to do this with out-of-box features / scripts

Any suggestion or piece of code would be a great help

I am using RTC v4.0.0.1 

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 25 '13, 7:47 a.m.
as far as I know, there is no 'enumeration' of workitemType

here is from my 4.0.1 deployment for type Defect.
<code>
            <configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workitemTypes" final="false" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workItemTypes">
                <type category="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType" icon="processattachment:/workitemtype/bug.gif" id="defect" name="Defect">
                    <alias name="bug"/>
                </type>
</code>

so, you will have to make another Enum.

then you can do the normal dependent enum configuration
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pradnya Raste commented Nov 22 '13, 5:27 a.m. | edited Nov 22 '13, 5:55 a.m.

Do you mean that in v4 we can not create the dependent enumerations with Out of box features or UI?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 22 '13, 5:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dependent Enumeration attribute customization has always been designed to take one enumeration as input and another enumeration as dependent output. It is not designed to allow to have an enumeration dependent from more than one input enumeration. It is not designed to support other types than enumerations as input or output. If you want custom behavior, you would have to create a custom extension, which can be done.

Pradnya Raste commented Nov 22 '13, 5:46 a.m. | edited Nov 22 '13, 5:56 a.m.

Ah, ok

Actually i am facing a strange issue. I migrated RTC instance from V3 to V 4.0.0.1.

Now on new version

1. None of the Date field is getting saved. i am not sure how to respond this.

2. Out of all only 1 dependent enumeration is not showing anything in value set. if i try to update and save and then refresh and come back... its still not working... the source value is going to some different field which is not used on the work item type.

Please help

Pradnya Raste commented Nov 22 '13, 5:48 a.m. | edited Nov 22 '13, 5:56 a.m.

Here is the link for one of the above problem.

Dates not getting saved on RTC Post migration from V3 to V4

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 22 '13, 5:55 a.m.

This has nothing to do with the above question and should not be discussed in this context, to not confuse other users.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 22 '13, 5:57 a.m.

I overlooked the reference to the dependent enumeration not working. However, please stick to your other question and consider creating a support PMR, because I can only assume this is an upgrade issue.

Pradnya Raste commented Nov 22 '13, 5:58 a.m.

Agreed,

The problem of dependent enumerations might be related with this. if not i will post another question.  

However please suggest on Dates issue on the other link given.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 22 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Pradnya, can you update your upgrade related question with the detail about the enumeration, please?

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 25 '13, 8:16 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '13, 8:16 a.m.
As Sam states correctly, the work item type is no enumeration and thus you can not select it in a dependent enumeration. You could try to use a JavaScript Based Value Set for this requirement. Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 4 for information about work item customization and Lab 5 for information about JavaScript based customization.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.