It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

FxCop-Team Concert Implementation

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Feb 25 '13, 4:49 a.m.
Hello,

I'd like to use FxCop with Rational Team Concert. I found some information in clm help but that didn't helped me.
Is there anyone who used FxCop successfully with RTC?

Even though we checked "fail if not installed", we never received any error or warning message in our Visual Studio environment. It seems that it's nor working at all.

4 answers

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 07 '13, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ok, so the deliver rule did not kick in, their would be multiple causes for it to fail. Are their any other deliver-client pre-conditions(like "Prohibit Workspace Errors/Require Workitem Approval/Require Work Item Comment/) are working from RTC VS Client?. If is not then may the the pre-conditions are not set correctly. The conditions tigger based on the process area for the flow target, the time line and the users role so the precoditon should be set in the project area/team area which owns the target stream(flow target) and for the correct timeline.

Their was an issue with RTC VS client reading the Team area preconditions, I

Can you raise a Workitem on jazz.net and attach the following

1) Screen shot of the Project Area process configuration and the process configuration source(if possible).

2) Also attach the verbose log from the RTC VS client, this will help us in checking if the client is making the call to get the pre-conditions. You can refer to the link https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0/faq-rtc-visual-studio/#How_Turn_On_Tracing on how tp turn on tracing and getting the log files

Thanks

Kishore

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 06 '13, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

From your reply I assume that FxCop rule kicked in during change set delivery and you were able to see the FxCop warning/errors in the RTC Team Advisor view. Is this correct? Did you expect that RTC will not allow the delivery of the change sets if they are any errors thrown by FxCop? If so you would need to uncheck the "User may overrule" option when defining the rule in RTC Eclipse client.

Thanks

Kishore

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Mar 06 '13, 11:11 a.m.

You misunderstood me Krishna. When I first got the Fxcop error, VS gave me this error. VS's build system triggered Fxcop. During checkin and deliver I havent got any error message. RTC is not able to trigger Fxcop.

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 06 '13, 7:56 a.m.
Hi Krishna,

I referred to the documentation that you mentioned the first time I tried to run FxCop. We are using RTC 4.0.1 and VS2010 Ultimate edition.

We added a piece of code that FxCop would warn. When we builded the application, FxCop warned us about some rules. We tried to deliver that code to RTC and it's delivered perfectly.

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 06 '13, 4:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

"fail if not installed" condition will not work for VS specific deliver rules like the MsTest/Nuint run rule or the FxCop rule. Have you referred to the article https://jazz.net/library/article/591 on how to setup the FxCop rule when delivering changes from RTC VS client. If you face any problems let me know the versions of RTC, VS and FxCop, I can try helping in setting up the rule.

Thanks
Kishore

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.