It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make RRDI Reports work like RTC widgets?

Jorge Valdeiglesias (541823) | asked Feb 22 '13, 7:49 a.m.
 Hi I have a couple of questions regarding RRDI report in RTC dashboard.

1. Is it possible to have settings saved like normal widgets but for RRDI reports? When I import a report it always ask for the settings value and also when i refresh the window.

2. How can I make the reports stop asking me to log in to RRDI when I load them in the dashboard? Dont they use the same login? I have jts/qm/ccm in one pc and rrdi in an other.

3. How can I avoid the collaboration messages when i open the report in the dashboard? They ask if I let collaborate both servers with a given user id.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Feb 22 '13, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For 1), as of RTC 4.0.1, it is possible to save parameter values for RRDI reports, both in the report view and on the dashboards.  To take advantage of this on the dashboards, use the Report widget (instead of the Custom Report widget).  One thing to keep in mind is that the Report widget will only let you select micro versions of reports.  To identify a report as a "micro" report, the report resource identifier needs to contain the string "micro".

For RTC 4.0, it's not possible to save settings for RRDI reports.  The only way to prevent the dashboard from always asking for the parameter values is to create a report view - in RRDI, run the report, select parameter values, and save the report output as a report view.  If you import the report view into RTC, it will display the saved output, without prompting for the parameters.  You can then schedule the report view in RRDI to run periodically to update the output. 
Jorge Valdeiglesias selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Nov 19 '13, 2:35 p.m.
 Is there a way to save the parameter "current user" under an RRDI report view?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 22 '13, 8:01 a.m.
Hello Jorge,

1) I'm not aware of any way to accomplish this.

2 and 3) Setting "Trusted URIs for client authorization and redirection" in JTS as explained in the link below, should address both issues:
Identifying the report server as a trusted client on the Jazz Team Server

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.