It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: How to show Custom Fields as columns in plans?

Michael A. (15813) | asked Feb 22 '13, 2:39 a.m.
Hi Jazz experts,

is it possible to include custom fields to plans in RTC?

We are currently facing the problem that we have added several fields to various work item types but we cannot include them in our plans. It's no problem to add those fields as columns to queries but in the plan view the column does not appear in the list.

Would be great if you could give me a hint.

Regards
Michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 22 '13, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

you have to configure the attributes to show up in the plan. Open the project area editor, go to the Process Configuration tab. Open Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning and click on Plan Attributes. Add the custom attributes to the Attribute Mapping section.

Please note, as far as I can tell, not all Attribute types work. Especially Item Lists did not work for me when I tried.

Michael A. selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 22 '13, 4:06 a.m.

Michael, I was assuming that enumeration types should work.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 22 '13, 4:07 a.m.

We had a call and decided to involve support, since we could not find a solution to be able to fix the plan.

Yaron Norani commented Mar 17 '13, 5:29 a.m.

Hello @rschoon , What was the solution and how can we add this kind of field to plans.
Had the same problem. Added field (type is deliverable).

Thanks,

Yaron

Arieh Stroul commented Apr 25 '17, 5:04 a.m. | edited Apr 26 '17, 5:24 p.m.

Hi Michael, 

We seem to have exactly the same issue, i try to add enumeration attribute to Attribute Mapping section, and had the same problem:

1. attribute was not added to the plan view 

2. It caused a problem in loading the plan.

"Planning cannot be used because the Project Configuration is invalid. Check the details for further information.: Unable to resolve the planning attribute 'com.ibm.team.apt.attributes._Solution' as work item attribute 'Solution'."

Do you know if this issue was solved? and how? 

Do you have the PMR Number?

Thanks in advance.

Arieh  

One other answer

permanent link
Michael A. (15813) | answered Feb 22 '13, 3:35 a.m.
edited Feb 22 '13, 3:36 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

thank's for your fast response. I immediately tried your solution and it seemed to work. I tried it with an Integer attribute and everything worked fine.

Then I tried to add an enumeration field. After adding the column to the plan, I received the following NPE from RTC and I cannot create a release plan for this team area anymore. Whenever I delete and recreate the plan, I see the same NPE and receive the following error message:

Error - The plan is not available in the repository.
hide details

java.lang.NullPointerException     at com.ibm.team.apt.api.common.internal.CombinedIdentifier.<init>(CombinedIdentifier.java:27)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.ReferenceAttributeProvider.getReferenceAttribute(ReferenceAttributeProvider.java:94)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.ReferenceAttributeProvider.get(ReferenceAttributeProvider.java:176)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.CompositeNodeProvider.get(CompositeNodeProvider.java:67)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.toReturnValue(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:219)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.computeValue(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:140)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.computeValues(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:78)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementInvocationHandler.<init>(ConfigurationElementInvocationHandler.java:38)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementFactory.newInstance(ConfigurationElementFactory.java:214)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementFactory.allInstances(ConfigurationElementFactory.java:169)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.toReturnValue(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:213)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.computeValue(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:117)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.NodeBasedValueComputer.computeValues(NodeBasedValueComputer.java:78)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementInvocationHandler.<init>(ConfigurationElementInvocationHandler.java:38)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementFactory.newInstance(ConfigurationElementFactory.java:214)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementFactory.singleInstance(ConfigurationElementFactory.java:67)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.process.ConfigurationElementFactory.singleInstance(ConfigurationElementFactory.java:58)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.plantype.IPlanModeDescription$Factory.create2(IPlanModeDescription.java:113)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.client.IterationPlanClient.fetchIterationPlanData(IterationPlanClient.java:413)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.ui.editor.IterationPlanEditorInput$2.resolve(IterationPlanEditorInput.java:143)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.ui.editor.IterationPlanEditorInput$2.resolve(IterationPlanEditorInput.java:1)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$DefaultResolver.resolve(TeamFuture.java:39)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.execute(TeamFuture.java:112)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.access$0(TeamFuture.java:110)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob$1.run(TeamFuture.java:95)     at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)     at com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ide.core.util.TeamFuture$LoadJob.run(TeamFuture.java:93)     at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Best regards
Michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.