It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an API that could provide full details of an artifac's history?

Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | asked Feb 21 '13, 5:48 p.m.
Hi,  I am looking for an API that could return full information for an artifact's history.

We have tryed : $f = '/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[id=31]/(itemHistory/*)';

but information returned sems not to be complete.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Jan Wloka (4161) | answered Feb 27 '13, 6:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I'm not sure why this is not working for you, but as an alternative you could go to the WorkItemRestService and and call GET workItemDTO2. It has a parameter "includeHistory".

For example, you can get only the history for a work item with id= 1 using the following call:

https://localhost:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService/workItemDTO2?id=1&includeHistory=true

HTH,
Jan.

Comments
Buzz Moschetti commented Feb 27 '13, 10:54 a.m.

The ccm/rpt/repository call "works" but it seems not to return ALL the fields that might have changed.   It returns description and summary (title) OK but owner (for example)  does not come back.

workItemDTO2 is an internal API.   It returns a wealth of info (including approval info!) but it is not a raw data service; it contains preformatted HTML and is intended to drive a GUI.  In particular, changes are not explicitly described; a single tag called <change> contains an HTML "explanation" of ALL the changes.  This is directly related to this question asked 15 months ago and was not answered.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/66543/how-explode-historical-changes-in-rtc

I am searching for (hopefully) an OSLC V2 compliant uri but am perfectly happy with an older ccm style uri.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.