It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Text Disappears in Actual Results Column After Saving

Kyle Dodge (5268) | asked Feb 21 '13, 3:06 p.m.

Hi All,

While editing a TCER in RQM if a user edits the actual results column and then saves the changes the text reverts back to the original value before the change.  It appears that the text doesn't persist in the actual results column.  I'm not sure why this is happening.  All users are on Windows 7 (Professional) and IE9.  Only some of the users are having this issue, and some are not.  All users have the ability to "Edit Actual Results" set in the permissions section of RQM.  Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kyle

One answer

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 21 '13, 7:03 p.m.

If your using RQM 4.0.1, this is a known defect.
You may want to contact IBM support to get the hotfix.

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=77433

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Kyle Dodge commented Feb 21 '13, 9:46 p.m.

I'm running RQM 4.0 and I think this is a bit different than the issue described.  My issue specifically relates to the fact that users cannot edit the actual results after execution.  I did some investigation and it seems that it's related to the screen settings in Windows 7.  Apparently, if the screen settings are set at 125%, RQM provides all kinds of annoying quirks.  For example, editing actual results will not be saved; when selecting builds for test execution, the window expands when the user moves the mouse making it virtually impossible to select the "OK" button and start execution.  Thanks for the hotfix reference, as it will be very helpful going forward.

Kyle

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.