It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

zTranslator error - OutOfMemory

Stefan Hoffmann (14411820) | asked Feb 21 '13, 4:31 a.m.
We have a wired problem with two of our zOS Translators. If I try to open them (doubleclick in the Team Artifact view under the Tranlators tree), my server goes up to 100% CPU, my client goes up to 100% CPU, and after a while I get an exception:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at <unknown class>.<unknown method>(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanContent(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.parsers.AbstractSystemDefinitionParser.newDocument(AbstractSystemDefinitionParser.java:295)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.parsers.AbstractSystemDefinitionParser.parse(AbstractSystemDefinitionParser.java:57)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient$7.run(SystemDefinitionClient.java:431)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient$7.run(SystemDefinitionClient.java:1)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1288)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1281)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient.callCancelableService(SystemDefinitionClient.java:111)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient.getSystemDefinition(SystemDefinitionClient.java:423)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient.getTranslator(SystemDefinitionClient.java:314)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.internal.systemdefinition.client.SystemDefinitionClient.getTranslator(SystemDefinitionClient.java:309)
    at com.ibm.team.enterprise.zos.internal.systemdefinition.ui.editors.GeneralLanguageDefinitionEditorPage$13.runProtected(GeneralLanguageDefinitionEditorPage.java:900)
    at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
It looks for me as rtc has a loop in the xml represenation generation of the translator, which directly streams to the client which chrashes with to much xml to parse (I think it is the /ccm/storage/enterprise_systemdefinition/_uuid= url seen from my access logs). I can not directly access this URL via browser, it is protected.

And now I would like some help: First, to better analyse this situation, I would like to get the log4j configuration parameter for the eclipse IDE which can log the traffic between server and client. Next, I would submit a defect on jazz.net... ;-) I'm pretty sure that, without that log, it would be hard to analyse this. We can not open this translators anymore, the ant task to export/import zDefinition also fail with the same error.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Feb 21 '13, 4:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would also raise a PMR for this - support will help you get the settings for the log4j if you don't get a quick response here.

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Nicolas Dangeville (31632425) | answered Apr 26 '13, 8:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.