It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extensions problem

Sola Otudeko (4511516) | asked Feb 19 '13, 5:24 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '13, 2:54 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)

Hi, I have this extension developed based on the IBM lab extension tutorial, which  has now gone through quite a few iterations and has been working on our test server no problem for months. Recently, I added another extension to it, and changed an advisor to participant, which all works well when I test in the eclipse debug instance. However my built plugin fails to install on the server and changes not being picked up. This is the error msg

2013-02-19 08:24:26,822 [       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "com.hsbc.alm.g3.workflow.rtcext.service 1.0.0.201302181730".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.scm.service; bundle-version="3.1.0"

One of the extensions (which I didn't amend) uses com.ibm.team.scm.service. I may inadvertently clicked/unclicked/removed something but I've looked hard and can see nothing else different. Anyone have any clue where I may go searching for the cause of this? Thanks very much
Rgds
Sola

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 20 '13, 2:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sola,

can you check on the properties of the dependency, if it requests a specific version? Typically it requests a minimal version. 3.1.400 is RTC 4.0.1.

Comments
Sola Otudeko commented Feb 21 '13, 8:26 a.m.

Thanks Ralph...In fact, I started this work with 4.0. Our deploy environments are now 4.0.1. I'm going to rebuild my dev environment with sdk4.0.1 for consistency and see how that goes.
Rgds
Sola

Sola Otudeko commented Feb 25 '13, 7:08 a.m.

Hi
I've rebuilt my plugin in 4.0.1. As before, I am able to test/debug successfully, but my built plugin still fails to load in rtc. In fact, the jazz (ccm) application fails to start. Actually, I did also have this problem previously (with 4.0) before the scm error I reported earlier. I'm not building the plugin any different to how I was doing it when it worked. (Jazz starts if I remove the plugin).
I'd appreciate any ideas on this please. Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 26 '13, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sola,

I can't remember having seen that. I can only guess. Maybe wrong data in the generated deployment data. Missing files etc. I would also review the provisioning.ini file you deploy. This error seems to happen on a fairly high level where the provisioning mechanism seems to read that file. Are there any more hints in the CCM log?

If I want to redeploy, I first remove all generated files in the updatesite project and then I regenerate the update site.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.