It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to access few VOB from clear case and few components from RTC

Dhanesh Kumar Venu (111) | asked Feb 18 '13, 2:41 a.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 5:56 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)
My project source control management not fully migrated to RTC, it is in the middle of the process.
Still i need to deliver my work product which are developed in RTC and Clearcase separately.
Is there a mechanism when i load a config spec in Clear case that loads the source code from RTC also?
so that i can get the entire source code loaded for that specific project on a single shot.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 18 '13, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The easiest way to load a single file area with code developed in ClearCase and with code developed in RTC-SCM would be to use the RTC ClearCase Synchronizer to synchronize the appropriate stream/branch in ClearCase with a corresponding stream in RTC-SCM.   You then have all the code in both ClearCase and RTC-SCM, and can use either a ClearCase view or an RTC-SCM workspace to view the combination.   You schedule the synchronizer to run each night, so that there is no manual intervention required.  
For details, see:
 https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_sync_intro.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.