It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to create a project

Demi Goldberg (1156) | asked Feb 17 '13, 3:08 a.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 5:37 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)

Hi

I installed RTC 4.0.1 for evaluation (10 first users suppose to be free right ?)

I try to create a project and was asked to create or use a process template , when I try to create a process template

I got the following error:

Missing required license.
An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ1848E To do the "com.ibm.team.process.server.saveProcessTemplate" operation, you must have one of the following licenses that are installed on the server: Analyst, Contributor, Quality Professional, Contributor, Practitioner, Stakeholder, Stakeholder, Developer, Contributor, Contributor, Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms. The server administrator can assign licenses.

What do I miss here ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 17 '13, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

After setup, you run on eval licenses for a period of time. You can download the 10 Free licenses from jazz.net and upload them to the server. 

When you run setup, you should assign a developer license to the user created. You can assign a license later too, as described by Rajat.

Once you have the license, let the process templates that ship with RTC be deployed and youse them. You could look at the money that matters example on a test server too.

One answer

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 17 '13, 3:22 a.m.
 You need to have a valid license to perform this role.
If you are the administrator, go to https://<server name>:port/jts/admin page and click on 'Edit User Profile'.
This will launch your user profile.

Scroll down and assign yourself 'Rational Team Concert - Developer' license.
Click on Save and then try to create the project.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.