It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A email notification requirement

Richard Sun (1979) | asked Feb 15 '13, 3:38 p.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 6:11 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)
 Can I set a email notification to publish build if build is successful , otherwise just send notice to developer?

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Feb 18 '13, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 18 '13, 7:11 a.m.
Hi Richard,
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/tcreatenotification.html&scope=null has information on how you can configure email notifications when builds complete.  For our process, we don't send email notifications about builds.  Instead, we post to the track build item (which the entire team is subscribed to) with the status of the build.  https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2012/12/06/how-we-save-time-with-build-engine-participants-and-you-can-too/ has more information on how we post the build status to the track build item.

Comments
Richard Sun commented Feb 18 '13, 5:14 p.m.

So it means there is no existed solution for my requirement. Thanks!

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Feb 19 '13, 6:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm wondering if I misunderstood your question.  Do the email notifications not fulfill what you were trying to do?

Richard Sun commented Feb 19 '13, 8:29 p.m.

Yeah, I don't want other testers to get notice if the build failed. Currently it seems they always will get notice whatever  the build failed or not.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Feb 20 '13, 6:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can configure a notification to be sent only if there are errors and only to certain roles.

Richard Sun commented Feb 20 '13, 3:59 p.m.

Yeah, I can do that, but I also want to notice testers if build successfully in same rule. 

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Feb 21 '13, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ok.  I don't think it's possible to use the same rule.  But I'm pretty sure you can layer the rules on top of each other.  So you can have one mail notification to a small group if the build fails.  And one notification to a larger group if the build succeeds.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.