It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to programatically list the current users on a server?

Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | asked Feb 15 '13, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What kind of best practices are available to find out who is logged into a server (CCM and JTS).
How about for listing the users who are members of particular project?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 08 '13, 12:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I did not get the question right. Above is to find the available users. I am not aware of how to find the users that are logged in. There have been numerous questions in your direction here. There seems to be a lot of demand to be able to find that information out. I have not seen a solution yet. There are several work items asking ffor better logging and other capabilities in this area. 
Ginny Ghezzo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ginny Ghezzo commented Mar 08 '13, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Ralph.  My question was a bit overloaded in looking for both the total users and those active.  

Ruby Andrews created me a great little cURL script to get the users per project.   Now I need to try it out.  

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '13, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ginny,

If you want all users then you can

There are more examples on that blog. And you should also be able to get at the licenses. What I haven't explored yet is how to ask the server if the user is logged in.

One other answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Feb 18 '13, 7:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ginny,
I found https://jazz.net/forum/questions/4524/how-to-get-the-current-users-id, which describes how to get users currently logged in.  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/24255/getting-project-area-info has info on how to get information like members from a project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.