It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project base line issue

vinay kumar nukala (4236672) | asked Feb 14 '13, 11:57 p.m.
retagged Feb 18 '13, 10:20 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
In my sample project I have one sample Default Stream. In the stream I have 3 components.

Now i have created baselines in 3 components separately, Now i want to create a baseline for whole project that is based on 3 components baselines.

I known how to do the component baselines
But don't known how to create the project baselines based on components baselines, please help me with this it urgent for me...

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Feb 15 '13, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is a workspace snapshot what you want?  From the doc:
A workspace snapshot provides a persistent record of the configuration of a workspace, expressed as a collection of component baselines.

Instructions on creating a workspace snapshot can also be found in the doc here.

Comments
vinay kumar nukala commented Feb 16 '13, 6:49 a.m. | edited Feb 16 '13, 10:40 a.m.

I got what your are about say

but my doubt is, I have 2 components in a stream for two developers, and in that components i have made two initial baselines in each component.
Now i want to merge the two baselines to get my final project how to do that please...!

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 16 '13, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is only one "initial baseline" for a component, i.e. the baseline that was created when that component was created.   In order to merge two baselines, accept both of those baselines into your workspace, and then deliver the result to the stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.