It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new Test Schedule in RQM 4.0.1?

Michael Haun (4921924) | asked Feb 14 '13, 10:18 p.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 3:27 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
We recently moved from RQM 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 and it appears our old Test Schedules are wiped out and the interface for creating a new Test Schedule is different.  I need some guidance on creating a new Test Schedule for our child test plans.  Here is a screenshot of what I see (I don't see any "add" button):

If I click on the "Browse" button it opens up a list of "Timelines" that I don't recognize nor know how to create.  Do I need to create a "Timeline"?  If so, how?

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Laura W. Hinson (16126) | answered Feb 15 '13, 3:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

The 4.0.1 information center contains this topic about creating test schedules: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_track_schedule.html.

Before you can create a test schedule, it looks like you must first associate a test plan with a timeline or iteration. The topic that I linked to includes links to a topic about timelines and iterations, in case you need information about setting up those.

Comments
Michael Haun commented Feb 15 '13, 4:51 p.m.

Thanks Laura.  Any idea what authority I need to create a Timeline Test Iteration?  I'm getting the below error when I try to create one.  The options for authority look to be "tester", "contributer" and "data_migrator_admin".  I currently have "contributor".

Problem
CRJAZ6053E The 'Save Project Area' operation cannot be completed. Permission is required to complete the operation. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ6053E.

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Modify the structure of iterations
Modify the collection of timelines

Laura W. Hinson commented Feb 15 '13, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This topic has details about roles and permissions in RQM: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_qm_permissions_reference.html.

That topic says that the Test Team Member role is enabled for all process permissions  by default, so my best guess is to say that you need to be a "tester."

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 15 '13, 5:03 p.m.

Hi Michael

If you need to use the old schedules that existed before the upgrade, you can do so by going into:
Manage Project Properties->Timelines->Select the Auto Migrate Timeline as your current timeline.
Once it is set as your current timeline, the iteration will start appearing when you click on 'Browse' in schedules.

You can also add more iterations to this 'Auto Migrated' timeline or create new timeline with iterations in it.
This activity requires admin permissions.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.