It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

.rqms file - Off-line Execution

Bharat Patel (81123943) | asked Feb 14 '13, 3:48 p.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 3:19 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

For off-line execution, RQM creates .rqms file and this .rqms file needs to be import using excel plugin and then it will convert .rqms file into excel with config file.

Could you please share what is purpose of RQMS file?Why it is required ? Will it be not possible to convert into excel file instead of .rqms file?

2 answers

permanent link
Ajay Chebbi (3113) | answered Feb 15 '13, 8:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
this is a zip file that contains the xl file as well as the embedded images..

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Feb 15 '13, 9:21 a.m.

Thanks Ajay.

So does that mean if we extract .rqms file then it will split into excel and config file. Is it ok not to import .rqms file through excel plugin and extract .rqms file using winzip?

Chandrahasa Reddy D commented Feb 18 '13, 1:01 a.m.

Dear Ajay,

I could not see any xl file inside Zip.. Could you plase clarify me..

permanent link
Laura W. Hinson (16126) | answered Feb 15 '13, 3:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 15 '13, 3:21 p.m.
Hi Bharat,

I don't know the exact answer to your last question, but I did find a topic in the information center that mentions the RQMS file. See http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_run_offline.html.

As you can see in that topic, there is a warning against manually modifying the RQMS file, so you should avoid doing that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.