It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to connect to RTC server hosted in a Guest VM

David Fardoe (13124) | asked Feb 14 '13, 12:43 p.m.
I have the Rational CLM solution installed in a Linux VM hosted in VM Ware Player 5.0.1.  Everything works fine in that Linux VM -- I can connect to RTC using the web client or eclipse client and they work no problem.  When I try to connect from my host OS (Windows 7) or from another machine on the network, I am unable to connect.

I would like to be able to connect to the solution from my host OS, and from other computers on the LAN.  I appreciate any advice towards this end.

Here is a bit of background of the current state:
  • Both my host OS (Windows) and my guest OS (Linux) are able to connect to the internet
  • My host OS is able to connect tot he guest OS using SSH
  • My guest OS is able to browse the internet
  • For troubleshooting, I have disabled the firewall on both the guest and host OS
  • SE Linux is not installed on the guest OS
  • netstat confirms that the JTS is listening on port 9443
  • The network adapter for my virtual machine is configured in bridge mode, and is getting a valid IP address from the network

The solution is set up with a evaluation topology using the bundled derby database and tomcat server, as we are using it for some testing and proof-of-concept work.

One answer

permanent link
David Fardoe (13124) | answered Feb 14 '13, 1:36 p.m.
Found the issue, and it turned out to be a proxy configuration issue (so not RTC/JTS related at all!).

Needed to add the URL for the RTC server to the list of proxy exceptions.  Working like a charm, now!

I will leave this here in case someone comes across the same issue, though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.