It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executing RFT Script from RQM with datapools

Soujanya Sri (1256) | asked Feb 14 '13, 11:13 a.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 3:11 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

When Executing the Rational Functional Tester Automated Scripts from   

RQM 3.0 version , how can we include the Data pools that are associated

with the scripts to run from RQM?             

Below is the procedure I follow to execute Functional Tester Automated scripts from RQM:
1. Start the Adapter for RFT and RQM connection.
2. In RQM, from Create Script, I will create a Functional Tester script, Attach the Automated Script, Connect the Adapter.
3. Create Test case, and attach the above the Script which has datapool in Functional tester , to this , and set the Iteration count to Interate until done AND run.
The Script is not executing from the 2nd iteration onwards from the datapool which the Functionl tester has. 
      Is the  Execution variables meant for only Manual Testing?          

One answer

permanent link
Laura W. Hinson (16126) | answered Feb 15 '13, 3:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 15 '13, 3:22 p.m.
Hi Soujanya,

The information center contains a couple of topics about running Rational Functional Tester automated scripts from Rational Quality Manager. If you haven't searched the information center yet, this topic might be a good place to start: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_rft_adapter.html.

That topic links to 3 related tasks, two of which mention datapools. I hope that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.