It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ignore rule: can we define global ignore and override it for a sub folder?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Feb 12 '13, 2:22 p.m.
edited Feb 12 '13, 6:42 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)

Hello,

In RTC component, I have an ignore rule at the top project folder with definition like

core.ignore.recursive= \
  {obj} \

{bin}

Under the project folder, there is a sub folder which contains "bin" folder. This bin folder should not be ignored. When I chose to "Remove from ignore list", the RTC actually removes the {bin} from the .jazzignore file. I ended up with losing the global definition.

How could I still keep the global define but let a specific folder ignore the global define?

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 15 '13, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 19 '13, 9:04 a.m.
I've tried creating a .jazzignore like this:

core.ignore.recursive= \
{*.class} 
core.ignore= 

It did not ignore the bin file for that project and it created the .jazzignore file in the project directory. Then I went to the properties of the bin folder and unchecked the "derived" attribute. This should be sufficient so that Eclipse will allow RTC to detect any changes to your bin folder. The .jazzignore file is also in the project directory so it won't affect your other projects.

The .jazzignore file determines whether RTC should ignore the resource or not. The derived attribute is something in Eclipse that can help RTC determine that the resource should be ignored.

Comments
Frank Ning commented Feb 16 '13, 3:14 a.m.

Thanks, Tim.

This seems not working for me. After I defined to ignore {bin} in the ignore file under the project folder, the property "Derived" is not checked for bin folder under the project folder, but they  are ignored.

Tim Mok commented Feb 19 '13, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I had to edit my post to clarify that it did not ignore the bin when defining the .jazzignore file.

Your case seems to be expected. You defined the bin folder to be ignored so what you're seeing makes sense. If you want to see changes in that directory, remove the bin from your .jazzignore and uncheck the "derived" attribute.

The core.ignore list is a list of resources to ignore. It isn't a list of resources for the .jazzignore to ignore.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.