It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change data collection job start time

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Feb 12 '13, 4:55 a.m.
edited Feb 28 '13, 11:34 a.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)

We use RTC 3.0.1 and need to change data collection job start time from default 24 to 22(under jts/admin > report> data collection job). After changing the start time and leave delay between execution as default 24 hours, the job still starts at 24 Not 22. My question is:

do we need to restart server to make the change effective or not? If we change delay between executions, do we also need to restart the server to make it work?

Another question is: is delay betweren execution works against scheduled start time only or not?

For example, ETL start time is 24 and delay between executions is set to 8. Normally, we expect ETL to run at 24, 8, 16 in a day. If the user runs another job manually at 11 for some reason, would the next run at scheduled 16 or it will become 11+8=19(8 hour from last run, no matter it is scheduled or manually)? Thank you very much.

3 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Apr 29 '13, 4:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My observations on this is that I had to restart the server to make the changes effective. Without restart, the 'old' settings are still active.
Regarding the manual started job I'm not sure...

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:46 a.m.
I'd like to know the answer to this too!

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 29 '13, 8:16 p.m.
I got the answers from Rational escalation as below:

1) The change will be effective after data collection job was triggered, this includes
server restart(will be immediate effective after restart) and the next run after delay(for the example in the question, after change start time from 24 to 22 today, it will start collection job at 24 tonight. Then tomorrow, it will be 22
if the server is not restarted after the change. If server is restarted after change, then it will be running at 22 tonight)

2) Manually running data collection job does not impact scheduled job, it is handled separately.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.