It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

unable to run jts setup after installation of 4.0.1

Michaela Siepmann (5113) | asked Feb 07 '13, 11:39 a.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 5:59 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
I'm installing CLM 4.0.1 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with a Derby Database and Websphere 7.0.0.27.
I followed the interactive installation guide from the jazz webpage.

Now I'm trying to run the setup wizard (step 5 in the installation guide). but everytime I try to open https://pumpkin:9443/jts/setup I get immediately the following message from "jazz team server & application setup"

The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable.

If you used the default ADMIN user to log in, you likely disabled it during the setup. Try again using the new admin user you created during the setup.
Try again
No login window has been shown. No credentials were asked!

Some remarks to my environment:
- before the installation I uninstalled a former CLM 4.0 installation (setup with derby and tomcat). This went without problems
- for some reason I'm not able to edit user and groups in Websphere Integrated Solutions Console
- the primary administrative user name for WAS is "admin"

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Feb 07 '13, 1:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michaela,

Since WAS is your app server, then it's the entity responsible for your security. You probably need to either:
  • Set up WAS so it connections to your LDAP server AND map the LDAP user roles to Jazz roles
  • or, set up a Federated security repository in WAS and enter your users there.

The Jazz roles are JazzAdmins, JazzUseres, etc. You need to tell JTS, via WAS, that users in your LDAP server or federated repo with the role of "admin" maps to a JazzAdmin, etc.

Michaela Siepmann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michaela Siepmann commented Feb 07 '13, 1:42 p.m.

Hi Jim,
as I do not use LDAP, I logged into the WAS console (with the primary administrative account) but unfortunately I'm not allowed to edit users or groups (the "create" button for users in the WAS console is visible, does not work in my environment).
It seems to be a WAS problem, not a Jazz problem

Jim Ruehlin commented Feb 07 '13, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Once you are able to work in WAS, here's an article on how to set up users in a federated repo and map the user groups for CLM: https://jazz.net/help-dev/rational-insight/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_manage_users_fed_realm.html

One other answer

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Feb 07 '13, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michaela,
The user that logs in to WAS must have the JAZZADMIN security role to be able to run the jts/setup. Did you follow the steps to setup WAS? http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_WAS.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.