It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advanced Release Burndown - Line on the right side

Sandra Hoffmann (2577) | asked Feb 07 '13, 10:51 a.m.
Hello,

I am using the Advanced Release Burndown Report and it works fine so far. I only got two questions:

When choosing the Release Backlog and all Iterations Plans (we have 12 for every month 1) on the right side of the chart a second y axis is shown with the number on top 12.5.
If I choose only 11 of 12 Iteration the number goes down to 11.5.

Question one: What did the number 12.5 means?
Second question: How can I change the Advanced Release Burndown.rptdesign file that the number will be hidden?

Greetings
Sandra

One answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Feb 07 '13, 2:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The second line is supposed to indicate the release date - so, it should line up with the release iteration.  It's supposed to have a label on it that says "Release Date".  If you're seeing a number instead, it means that the report isn't able to find the properties file that contains the label strings.  How did you deploy this report to your project area?  If you deployed it automatically (for example, as part of a process template or using the "Deploy New Resources" button), then the properties file should be there.  If you deployed this report to your project manually, then you'll need to add the properties file to it.

Comments
Sandra Hoffmann commented Feb 08 '13, 4:02 a.m.

Hello Alanna,

I found the Report in my RTC Eclipse Client under /client/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.team.examples.reports.... I took the report and deploy it myself to the Report Resources with "New->Report Resources".
Where can I find the properties file and how can I add it to the report?

Greetings
Sandra

Alanna Zito commented Feb 08 '13, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the same folder you found the report (/client/eclipse/plugins), there is a folder called "shared".  It contains two files: shared.properties and shared.rptlibrary.  You need to add these to your report resource:

-Open the report resource for editing.
-In the "Files" section, click the + sign and upload both files.
-In the "Files" table, click on the name of "shared.properties" to put it in edit mode.  Edit the name to be "shared/shared.properties".  Do the same thing for shared.rptlibrary (i.e., it should be "shared/shared.rptlibrary"). 

Now, the labels on your report should show up properly. 

In the future, if you ever want to deploy one of the out-of-the-box reports to a project area, you don't need to do it manually.  On the Report Resources page, there is a button called "Deploy New Resources" in the toolbar.  This button will let you automatically deploy any of the reports that come with RTC.  You should only need to create a new report resource if you are using a report that you have modified or written yourself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.