It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz platform training

Vijay M (115) | asked Feb 06 '13, 12:40 p.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 5:59 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Hi,

I am a seasoned ClearCase UCM and ClearQuest user that have developed CQ schema design and designed UCM streams. I would like to adopt the latest Jazz platform tools such as RTC, RRC, and RQM to sharpen my technical knowledge of these products (administration, user model, etc).  What is the best approach to get trained on these products since formal IBM training online is out of my budget at moment.  I am going trough some of the tutorial on the documentation.  Are there any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for all the comments and suggestions.

4 answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Oct 31 '13, 1:42 p.m.
The articles may be old, but as a former ClearQuest admin, I started here:

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Feb 07 '13, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vijay,

We recently posted just what you're looking for: the CLM 2012 Process Enactment Workshop. It shows how to customize RTC processes, lots of stuff on customizing work items, and how to keep your published process description in-sync with your RTC process templates and projects.

Comments
Vijay M commented Feb 07 '13, 1:35 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '13, 7:08 p.m.

Jim,

There are some steps in the infocenter tutorial that is not available/error in the product.  Is there an email contact or person that can clarify any questions?

Vijay M commented Feb 07 '13, 1:36 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '13, 7:08 p.m.

Jim,

Thank you for the  CLM 2012 Process Enactment Workshop.  I will take a look at.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Feb 08 '13, 7:10 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '13, 7:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello, Vijay. 

Can you provide some more information about the tutorial errors you have encountered? Also, how are you using the tutorial (jazz.net sandbox, a local installation, etc.)?

Laura Kuczarski commented Feb 11 '13, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vijay,
If you let me know what errors you're finding in the tutorials, I can send the information to the tutorial owners.
Thanks!
Laura

permanent link
jason green (1463) | answered Oct 29 '13, 8:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vijay, be sure to search and browse our video content on YouTube. We have very many offerings in the areas you are seeking help with. I would be shocked if you did not find a great deal of rich content that answered many of your questions. Our channel has been very, very popular this year; we now offer over 280 videos. 

Thanks,
Jason Green

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Feb 06 '13, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are some tutorials in the CLM Infocenter that you can go through. Also, after you install CLM you can load the Money that Matters sample project. You'll be able to do exercises with a project populated with lifecycle data.

If you're only installing CLM for training purposes, I recommend using the Tomcat option in Installation Manager, and the Express Setup option for the Setup phase.

Comments
Vijay M commented Feb 07 '13, 10:32 a.m. | edited Feb 08 '13, 7:07 p.m.

Thanks Jim for the reply.  I am aware of the CLM infocenter tutorials.  Are there any in depth tutorial that will show how to setup an entire RTC for development, setting up work items, making custom work items, etc... 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.