It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Physically move RTC on Tomcat from one server to another server?

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Feb 06 '13, 11:34 a.m.
 Is it possible to move RTC on Tomcat from one server to another server?  Here is my high level thinking.

Backup the current database.
Move data to new database server.
Tar the RTC Tomcat installation.
Copy the files from source server to target server.
Untar RTC Tomcat installation on new server.
Update DNS and Host files on local server to use the original server name.
Update .properties files to point to new database server.
Maybe rerun RTC Setup WebApp to verify settings.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 06 '13, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robert,

as long as you keep the URL stable using the DNS entry, the steps you describe are what I used many times. Please also check where your index files are, since you want to take them to the other machine as well. Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/795 for more details.
Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Carter commented Feb 12 '13, 12:15 p.m.

Have you seen this error?  We get it when we are trying to bring up the JTS server.  What do you think we missed?

CRJAZ1857W

The Jazz Team Server or application located at " {0} " is not the instance that is being configured. The URI must point to this instance of the Jazz Team Server or application.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 12 '13, 12:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have not seen that error. Did you install using Installation Manager? In that case there is shared data you might have missed. I would only bring over the files you need. E.g. the files and indexes mentioned in the article above. Otherwise, maybe you missed a .rdf or a .properties file.

I have a tool that does all that for me (can't share, but the files used are described in the backup articles). I do this really frequently and it works very well, even across platforms.

Robert Carter commented Feb 12 '13, 2:02 p.m.

Our database settings in the team.properties file were incorrect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.