It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How I can provide read-only access to work item for team members of same project area in RTC ?

Tanmay Shirnalkar (1531319) | asked Feb 06 '13, 1:40 a.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 5:54 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 If team of members of same project area has created their own work items.

Now, I just want to provide such access to team members such that they are able to only read the work items created by other team members, but should not able edit them (means, they are able to edit only the work items created by them).

How can I do this in Rational Team Concert ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 17 '13, 1:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, you cannot give special permissions to the creator of a work item.
This functionality is requested in work item Add special "owner" and "creator" roles, that specifies what the "owner" and "creator" respectively of an object can do to the object (88779).
Please feel free to add a comment to this work item, indicating your interest/support.
Tanmay Shirnalkar selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 06 '13, 4:06 a.m.
 You will need to configure the permissions for the process roles that are created for these team areas.
Example: I have a two teams: Team 1 and Team 2 with users User 1 and User 2 member of the team areas respectively.

The user of Team 1 has Read/Write access to team 1 but only read access to team 2.
So you can create a process role at the project area level and can assign permissions at the team area level.
Under Team 1,user 1 will have the permission to modify workitems, whereas in Team 2, he will not.:

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 06 '13, 1:55 a.m.
 You may want to create Team Areas and add members to it.
Then assign process roles having appropriate permissions.

You can read more about team areas at the below link:

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Tanmay Shirnalkar commented Feb 06 '13, 3:43 a.m.

Hi Rajat,

I have created the team areas, in that project which are bonded specific categories and tried with different roles.

Still, I didn't find the way to restrict the access to read-only.
If you know a specific way to do so, please let me know.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.