It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automate Team Creation in RTC? Or Make a Template?

Ken Creager (6542220) | asked Feb 05 '13, 5:29 p.m.
I have a template for project creation, but I want to create the teams that will be in the project up front, when I create the project itself.  Any ideas on how to do this? I have quite a few teams that need to be created.

thanks
Ken

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 07 '13, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ken,

On the off chance that you are looking to have a script or utility for doing some automated type of project creation and subsequent creation of team areas under the new project, I would encourage you to look at Ralph Schoon's blog post on Maintaining User Photos with the Plain Java Client Libraries.   The article has nothing to do with project creation, but you will see that Ralph shows you how you can use the plain Java client libraries to automate some of the administrative tasks that you might be thinking of.  So read it for the techniques, not the basic info on changing photos.  You might want to check out some of Ralph's other material on automation, there is a lot of good code snippets and examples in there.

permanent link
Joseph Salomone (25613) | answered Feb 05 '13, 8:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can accomplish this in RTC with the following steps:

1) Open up the Process Template

2) Go to the Process Configuration tab
3) Open Project  Configuration  -> Project Area Initialization
4) Click the Add button under Server follow-up actions
5) Select Create Team Areas

You can then use the following commands:
Click Create Root under Team Area Hierarchy - To create root team areas
Click Create  under Team Area Hierarchy - To create sub Team Areas
Click Delete - To delete a Team Area 

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Feb 05 '13, 7:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
If you mean create "Team Areas" you can do this by configuring the Create Team Area follow-up action during Project Area Initialization in the process template.
"The Create Team Areas participant can be configured to run as part of project area initialization to create one or more team areas under the project area."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.