It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with RTC 4.0 rename

Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | asked Feb 05 '13, 4:32 p.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 5:57 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Hi, 

We are setting up a staging environment for RTC and RQM 4.0. We followed all the steps specified in the documentation to perform the rename. The rename finished successfully, however it is not possible to access RQM in the staging environment and there are some problems with the Mini Dashboard. 

We're running RTC with
- WAS 7
- Oracle 11

Do you have any ideas of what may be happening? 

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks. 

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Feb 07 '13, 6:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's difficult to tell the problem without more details. 

Did you change the QM context root?  Are you using the correct target URL for QM? 

I would suggest reading http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_server_rename_recovery.html.  If the problem continues, contact IBM Support.

permanent link
Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | answered Feb 21 '13, 8:58 a.m.
 We performed the rename again, and now the sandbox is up and running. 

This time, we restored the database in a different way: we used rman instead of impdp. 

We were using these commands to backup and restore the DB:

expdp system/Password@RTC_TEST directory=backups_rtc_test dumpf
ile=backup_rtc_test_fixed_ dashboards.dmp logfile=expdp_fixed_ dashboards_log sche
mas=RPTUSER, RICALM, RISCHK, RIASSET, RIDW, RIODS, CONFIG, TEAMCONCERT, JTS, TEA
MCONCERT_RID, QM

impdp system/Password@RTC_TEST  directory=backups_rtc_test dumpf
ile=backup_rtc_test_fixed_ dashboards.dmp logfile=impdp_ibmtest_fixed_ dashboards
schemas=RPTUSER, RICALM, RISCHK, RIASSET, RIDW, RIODS, CONFIG, TEAMCONCERT, JTS,
 TEAMCONCERT_RID, QM TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=REPLACE

By any reason, the db was "inconsistent" using impdp. Maybe we were missing any schema in the commands? 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21 '13, 10:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't comment on your backup tool and its usage.

Please be aware there are several requirements for backup. See: https://jazz.net/library/article/795 one is consistency between JTS and the other apps. I would also assume you can backup the whole DB and would automatically get all tables etc.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 15 '13, 2:35 p.m.
Hi Leonardo,
To perform server rename, you need to open PMR first (to get server rename keys).
Can you ask for a help in the PMR then? I believe, that it will be the easiest way for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.