It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Build Labels for BuildForge Builds not being updated by a retag

Rob Vanstone (546) | asked Feb 05 '13, 9:36 a.m.
Slight rewording of an existing question...apologies if this is incorrect etiquette.  When I invoke a BuildForge type of build the BF project that gets invoked has a static tag (e.g. BUILD_$B).  In my case this project is generic and when supplied with a parameter actually invokes another BF project (PROJECT_NAME).

At that point I retag the BF project with the PROJECT_NAME_$B tag and that's great in Buildforge, the job log correctly refers to the correct tag.

However RTC is oblivious to this change, and remains as BUILD_$B

Is there any way to affect this build label?  Even at the time of calling, since PROJECT_NAME is supplied as a property to the BF Engine that would be good to use.

Thanks

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 07 '13, 12:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can affect the build label through the API.  The name of the BF build in RTC is tracked with the configuration element: com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.project

So you could set something up like this:
definition.getConfigurationElement("com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge").getConfigurationProperty("com.ibm.rational.connector.buildforge.project").setValue(retag_string);

This will persist on the Build Definition, so you should either set it back to the default, or make sure you call it each time.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.