It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

messed backlog iteration and timespent not working in web client

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Feb 02 '13, 1:48 p.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 5:53 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)

Hi All,

We have customised RTC with serverextensions. we are not using plan feature in RTC. We are using process sharing concept also.

In cosumer PA we have one main Developmet Time line and under that iterations. We were not aware of Backlog iteration and renamed to "Iter100". Now in Web client not able to provide data to time spent and Estimate fields.When try to add data it addsup multiple blocks below.This behaior is because we done have backlog Iteration.

Provider PA has backlog Iteration in it.

Below Are my queries

1. Is relation bewteen provider PA Iteration and consumer PA Iteration Is it inherited

2. In our consumer PA I see same name  and number of plans as of Iterations, Under -->All plans -->Main developmet in Team Artfacts.  "Iter 100" Plan has Product Backlog, Release backlog, Schedule backlog, Sprint backlog  If I rename "Iter 100" back  to Backlog and create new Iteration "Iter100" What will  be impact ? Do I loose Work tickets assigned to "Iter100"

3.Instaed of renaming it If I create new Iteration with name "backlog" will that be sufficient?

4.  one of suggestion we got is create Plan under -->configuration Data--Planning-->General and make it as backlog. By doing will we be breaking sharing of process?

please let me know how I progress.

Thanks,

Kavita

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 11 '13, 12:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe that the lack of a declared "backlog iteration" is the cause of any of your issues, so you'll want to look elsewhere for the source of the problem.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Feb 04 '13, 1:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
not sure I can answer all questions - let me try.

Q1: 1. Is relation between provider PA Iteration and consumer PA Iteration Is it inherited
A1: NO
Please refer to
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_sharing_project_area_process.html

Q2: renaming iteration - Do I loose Work tickets assigned to "Iter100"?
A2 : well - I assume that that tickets planned for iter100 will be planned for backlog once iteration renamed.
To avoid confusion and keep assignments upon rename, I would:
- rename iter100 to iter100Old
- create iter100
- change tickets assigned for iter100Old to iter100
- rename iter100Old to backlog

Q3 : 3.Instaed of renaming it If I create new Iteration with name "backlog" will that be sufficient?
A3 : sufficient for what?

Q4 :By doing will we be breaking sharing of process?
A4 : not sure what you mean by "breaking" - but if you define backlog iterations for each timeline in master PA, this setting will be inherited in child PAs
If you overwrite this in a child PA, this child PA will no longer inherit from master PA

On my side, I would - as much as able - try and use option #4 and set backlog iteration at master PA level.

Hope it helps.
Eric.

Comments
kavita herur commented Feb 04 '13, 3:50 a.m. | edited Feb 04 '13, 3:53 a.m.

Thanks Eric,

You mean to say that  Creating backlog in Master PA will work? Is best solution? 

But In our Mster PA we already have backlog Iteration under main developmet Timeline. But we dont have child "product Backlog", "relase Backlog" and "sprint Backlog" under backlog Iteration.

Dose it required complete hierarchical structure of backlog

Backlog

--Product backlog

--Relase backlog

--Sprint backlog 

Or How about solution2 ?

Thanks

Kavita

Eric Jodet commented Feb 04 '13, 8:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not easy to give a definitive answer without looking into your configuration.
You may validate any solution in a test env first.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.