It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clarification needed: CQ to RTC mapping file "Specifying attribute types"

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 31 '13, 9:35 a.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 6:10 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
Hello,

I am a little confused with the following topic about mapping file for CQ to RTC with CQ Import Wizard.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_specifying_attribute_types.html

The topic says "For work item attributes that belong to an attribute type, you must specify the attribute type in the mapping file".

1. Any RTC attribute belongs to an attribute type. Does that mean we always need to specify the <attributeType> element?

2. I can easily understand if the fact is that we need to specify the attribute type when the attribute is a multi-valued one. I don't know if this understanding is correct or not and thus clarification is appreciated.

3. How do we map a CQ field with true and false values to a boolean attribute type in RTC? Do we need to specify attribute type? How do we found its source ID in RTC?

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Feb 07 '13, 9:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
<attribute sourceId="isCustomerFiled" targetId="iscustomerfiled">
<attributetype targetId="boolean"/>
<value sourceId="1" targetId="true"/>
<value sourceId="0" targetId="false"/>
</attribute>
Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Feb 07 '13, 9:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Frank

I believe your understanding of 1. and 2. is correct. You only need it when the attribute if a multi-valued one. I will submit a work item to improve the infoCenter content on this topic.

For 3. You can have something like the following. (In my case, "isCustomerFiled" in CQ is an INT, in RTC is a boolean typ)
<attribute sourceId="isCustomerFiled"
           targetId="iscustomerfiled">
<attributeType targetId="boolean"/>
<value sourceId="1" targetId="true"/>
<value sourceId="0" targetId="false"/>
</attribute>

- Yuhong

Yuhong Yin
ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integration

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.