It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where I can find schema sources for extension point?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Jan 31 '13, 3:45 a.m.
 Hi,
I'm looking for a way to find out schema sources for the extension point. I've seen that not all the extension point has an accessible schema source, so I'm not able to correctly compile them in the plugin.xml.

For example com.ibm.team.workitem.common.attributeValueProviders and com.ibm.team.workitem.common.valueSetProviders have no schema at all and I only get a Generic tag if I try to define them in my eclipse.

Where I can find the schemas in the SDK?

Thanks,
Michele.

3 answers

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Jan 31 '13, 6:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't really need the schema files to there to compile your code. Since the schema is not made available in the binary plug-in I would assume it is not meant to be an API and not use it.

However, check the plug-in with id com.ibm.team.workitem.common in case am mistaken.

permanent link
Prakash Behrani (28910) | answered May 14 '14, 4:50 p.m.

Michele,

I am having the same issue.

How did you resolve your issue?

I would appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 14 '14, 5:14 p.m.

If you use the keyboard content assist it will help u complete the schema. On my system that is ctrl-space in each part of the XML content. 

Michele Pegoraro commented May 15 '14, 6:20 a.m.

Sam, I cannot use keyboard content assist if I don't have the xml source. For example it's the same with advisor or precondition extesions: I can arrive to <prerequisite> tag but I cannot have any hint on <requiredService> tag. In that case I know what to use from the forum, but there are other cases that I have no idea on what I can use. So I think it would be usefull to include these xml on next SDK.   

Ralph Schoon commented May 15 '14, 6:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The prerequisite tag is not in the schema.I don't know why, but it is not. You simply have to know what to do. E.g. as described in the Extensions workshop. You should be able to open the schema from the plugin providing the extension point.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 15 '14, 6:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried to describe what you need to know about value providers here https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ with examples.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.