It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are RTC options not showing in IBM Integration Designer

Hooch Holly (7442024) | asked Jan 30 '13, 11:48 a.m.

Have IBM Integration Designer installed on my machine with the Rational Team Concert 3.0.1 Plugin.  After launching ID, I can click the fast view icon and select "Team Artifacts", "Pending Changes" etc,.  The plugin is integrated and working.

Another developer just installed the same tools, yet on their desktop there are no RTC options within the ID.  The fast view icon search does not bring back any results for "Team Artifacts", "Pending Changes" etc,.    Is there something else we need to do to make the RTC features visible in ID?     When launching ID on this desktop, it displays RTC 3.0.1 as being installed, and it also shows RTC in the plugin list of the installation details.

One answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Jan 30 '13, 1:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not familiar with Integration Designer, but one place to look is if the other developer has permission to view the material he/she is trying to access.

Make sure the developer is added to the Jazz Team Server (JTS), and is assigned at least one Jazz role (for example JazzUser). There's a link for users and roles on the JTS admin page: https://<your server>/jts/admin.

After that, make sure the developer is added to the project they're trying to access, and that they have the appropriate permissions in the project. This means they should be assigned a role in the project that allows them to view the material they're trying to view.

Comments
Hooch Holly commented Jan 30 '13, 1:37 p.m.

Thanks Jim, but the permissions are not the culprit here.  He can access RTC just fine using the web client or Visual Studio plugin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.