It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Monitor folder for check-ins?

Namita Rao (1111) | asked Jan 30 '13, 8:15 a.m.
 Hi,

Is it possible to monitor any folder, for example, "\documents\" for check-ins?
Something on lines of Perforce, which can be configured to send e-mail notifications if any check-ins are made to the monitored folder?
I have searched a lot and could only find this, but could not understand how to configure it:
RTC -> Windows -> Preference -> General -> Notifications.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jan 30 '13, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not quite sure what you want to do. Is this a check-in that you have performed or happens on your repository workspace? Is it some other user that does the check-in and you want to be notified? A check-in can be a pretty common occurrence so there wasn't anything implemented to support this kind of requirement.

For deliveries, there are events for delivery to a stream. Or, you could write an operation participant that sends an email. For something out of the box, I think you'll have to open an enhancement.

Namita Rao commented Jan 31 '13, 3:39 a.m. | edited Feb 10 '13, 1:52 p.m.

@Tim Mok - Is it some other user that does the check-in and you want to be notified? 

This is what I want. Basically, i want to know all check-ins to my folder.

Yes, I have seen the pending changes view.
I want to get notified through e-mail since it's difficult going through 30+ change sets to know who has checked-in what in my folder.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 10 '13, 1:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, there is no way to process-enable the checkin operation (so you cannot create a follow-up action on checkin to send you email).   This is requested in work item allow process advisors on checkin (103914) .  Please feel free to add a comment on that work item to indicate your interest/support.

Comments
Namita Rao commented Feb 11 '13, 2:03 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey, I will definitely add a comment on the suggested work item to show my support/interest. 

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 30 '13, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 30 '13, 8:32 a.m.
Did you have a look at the pending changes view?

This view displays all differences between two streams/workspaces. In this picture, the readme.,txt file would be the one, which was checked in and/or delivered.

But (at least out of the box) this does not send e-mails.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.