It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

disable right click option from query result in RTC eclipse client

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Jan 29 '13, 3:53 a.m.

Hi All,

I already questioned something related to it.  In RTC eclipse client with query result right click --> Change attribute value. It changes value.  I dont want to this to happen.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/93007/rtc-eclipse-client-query-result-can-edit-work-items

I tried with extensions, its getting distrubed other working stuffs.

Can I do this with eclipse plug ins? Dissable that option from right click menu.

Or Is there way to get event triggered while modifying so that I can catch in extensions and manipulate(or show error message) 

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 29 '13, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I would first try and implement role based permissions for each attribute for which you want to allow / deny modification, so that the user will get the appropriate error msg from the Team Advisor when trying to modify an attribute for which the given role does not have appropriate permission.

While waiting for an appropriate feature Allow read-only display of an attribute based on role and/or permissions to modify (152410), we could imagine implementing dynamic read-only attributes based on role,
1 - implement a new condition as a Javascript that will check on a certain condition
2 - add Read Only Attributes for Condition
(but I assume this is outside the scope of your request)

For events, triggers and notifications, please refer to this article : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/FoundationNotifierTutorial

Hope it helps
Thanks.
Eric.

Comments
kavita herur commented Jan 29 '13, 7:05 a.m.

Actualy I can't do with read only condition as  it will be applied on roles and permissions.

my requirement is to disable editing from query results. whether user has all roles and permissions should not allow.  I just want to know is there RTC API I can use to check in extesions wether saveworkitem is triggered from query results or from web client or from eclipse work item edit.

please give some suggestions how to move forword.

Eric Jodet commented Jan 29 '13, 7:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

well - apart from opening a new enhancement request, the above proposals still stand.
Thanks

kavita herur commented Apr 21 '13, 10:22 a.m. | edited Apr 21 '13, 10:23 a.m.

Hi All,

Can I disable one option from right click menu in work item window that shows query result  by creating RTC eclipse client pluing project?

Please can any one provide me information

Thanks,

Kavita

kavita herur commented May 03 '13, 2:47 a.m.

no updates ?

kavita herur commented Jun 11 '13, 7:24 a.m.

Can Any one update is this possible from eclipse plug in project to disable dynamic option from right click menu of work item window.

So that I can proceed my work.

Eric Jodet commented Jun 11 '13, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

sorry for the delay.
May you please add a screen cap in which you will circle the menu item you would like to remove / disable ?
(and possibly explain the business context here)

Thanks.
Eric

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.