It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to re-import value of timestamp from CSV file which has been exported from RTC client

Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | asked Jan 28 '13, 5:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using the RTC Eclipse Client version 4.0.1 to CSV Export and Import work items, using Korean Locales.
I am exporting timestamp attributes like due date, and found that I am unable to CSV re-import these values back into RTC.

Steps I used:
- set due date, and verified that my timestamp attribute has the expected Korean format (ex: 2013. 2. 4. 오후 12:00)
- CSV Export my work items
- CSV Import
  • expected: due date is set as exported in the CSV file
  • observed: due date is unassigned
Is this a defect?

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 28 '13, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes - this issue has been identified as jazz.net defect CSV - unable re-import work items - issue with timestamp (due date) attribute when using Korean Locales (248311)

short story:
CSV Import - uses com.ibm.icu.text.DateFormat
CSV Export - uses java.text.DateFormat
both format don't match for Korean locales, which causes the issue.
verified in the CSV file: the format is different as missing a dot - 2013. 2. 4 오후 12:00

workaround: edit the CSV file, and add the missing dot (ex: 2013. 2. 4. 오후 12:00)

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Jun 06 '15, 9:47 p.m.

Hi Eric,

I am using RTC 5.0.2 and via the eclipse client & I am unable to update the due date timestamp attributes for defect workitems.

Steps to reproduce :

1. create defect workitem in a normal scrum template and set due date to 
29-Jun-2015, 12:00:00 PM as shown below.

Now export this workitem. The due date attribute is exported as

note : here though I chose the time as 12:00:00 PM, RTC exported as 08:30 AM. I am not sure why. (Server time zone may be ?)

Now when I modify the date in the excel to 20-05-2015 08:30 and import it back into RTC, then the value becomes unassigned in the RTC web client. 

In the history and RTC eclipse client, it imports the value 05-Nov-25 8:30 am. Pls help. Vishnu M

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 08 '15, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You want top open a PMR with support or create a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

I am not sure we can solve this here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.