It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to sort WI based on Status

Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | asked Jan 28 '13, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC 4.0.1 Eclipse Client and found that I am unable to sort work items based on Status,
or more precisely, the sort order is not the one I would expect.

Steps I used:
1.  Use any OOTB process template ( I tested with FMP or Scrum) and  create a new PA
2.  Create new Tasks, set it to different Statuses
3.  Create a Query to list all Tasks and choose Status to be displayed in Columns to Display
4.  Choose Status as Selected Sort Columns
5.  Run the query to see the Tasks, the list is not sorted as per the Status label

It seems that sort order is not using label, as I would expect.
Is this a defect?

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 28 '13, 5:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 28 '13, 5:46 a.m.
No - enumerations are currently sorted based on value ID's and not labels.
This feature will be implemented with sort of enumeration should based on name rather than id (175676)

I can check the value id's by looking the Project Area source.
Example for the Resolution attribute:
(...)
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/reject.gif' id='r5' name='Invalid'/>
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/works.gif' id='r4' name='Works for Me'/>
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/wontdo.gif' id='r3' name='Works as Designed'/>
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/duplicate.gif' id='r2' name='Duplicate'/>
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/close.gif' id='r1' name='Fixed'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/unresolve.gif' id='r0' name='Unresolved'/>
            <resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/close.gif' id='r8' name='Fixed Upstream'/>
(...)
which will result in this order:
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/unresolve.gif' id='r0' name='Unresolved'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/close.gif' id='r1' name='Fixed'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/duplicate.gif' id='r2' name='Duplicate'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/wontdo.gif' id='r3' name='Works as Designed'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/works.gif' id='r4' name='Works for Me'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/reject.gif' id='r5' name='Invalid'/>
<resolution icon='processattachment:/workflow/close.gif' id='r8' name='Fixed Upstream'/>

permanent link
John S F Lander (901941) | answered Jun 07 '16, 9:36 a.m.
I have a similar problem related to the widgets. would like to see the chart showing inorder of the process flow and not

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.