It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I configure WAS with Federated realm to enable an user to change the password in RTC?

Sean Lee (358) | asked Jan 27 '13, 5:49 a.m.
retagged Jan 30 '13, 4:24 a.m. by Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458)
Hi,
I installed RTC 4.0.1 on WAS. And I configured the applications(have greated groups,users and mapped the groups) with Federated realm. I can logon RTC, but can't find the change password button on the profile page in RTC.
Appreciate for any idea.

Comments
Rama SCM commented Mar 11 '13, 2:19 p.m.

Hi Sean,

Were you able to figure out how users can reset CLM password when using Websphere federated realm(file based users)? From my research so far, looks like this is not possible.

Thanks!
Rama

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 30 '13, 4:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The change your password help topic says:
You can edit your user profile only if the Jazz™ Team Server does not use an external user registry, such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). If the Jazz Team Server uses an external registry, contact your server administrator to change your password.
If you are using LDAP, no way.

Otherwise this procedure might work..
Sean Lee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean Lee commented Mar 01 '13, 1:42 a.m.

thanks for your comment

JAGDISH KOMAKULA commented Apr 17 '13, 8:20 a.m.

Why can't I change my user profile settings on RTC with LDAP configured !!

I heard that IBM is going to have this feature in next coming releases.
Is this feature not available in RTC 4.0 yet ? I havent checked though !!

if so, are there any plans to have this in next coming releases.

One other answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jan 28 '13, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm pretty sure the only time you can change your password using RTC is if you're using Tomcat User Registry as your user registry. See the change your password help topic.

Comments
Sean Lee commented Jan 30 '13, 3:53 a.m. | edited Jan 30 '13, 4:07 a.m.

Thank you Bo. But there is not any button to let me change the password. I  refered this topic to configure WAS and deploy applications. I don't know what the problem is.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.