It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

MTM no longer has QM?

Sean F (1.3k241145) | asked Jan 25 '13, 11:12 p.m.
retagged Jan 29 '13, 8:00 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
I have used Money That Matters in CLM 2,3 and 4 and it always had RM+CCM+QM

I now reinstalled 4.0.1 using DOORS NG installer instead of regular CLM installer.

When I go to install MTM it only offers RM and CCM but no QM component?

Any ideas why QM is not in MTM in DOORS NG 4.0.1 install version?

7 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Jan 26 '13, 7:59 a.m.
Well the problem seems to be with installation and not specific to MTM.

If I try to create a new lifecycle project I cannot create a QM area since it says there is no QM application registered.

The installation progressed with any errors and the setup wizard seemed to do everything correctly.

Is there a way to fix this registration issue?

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Jan 26 '13, 8:39 a.m.
Seems that I installed from an installer packaage that only had JTS+CCM+RM at version 401

I found that I already also had an installer packagae for JTS+RM+CCM+QM at version 400

I was able to add the QM 400 component using installation manager

Ran the setup wizard again with custom setup and registered the newly installed QM application

The last step of the wizard gave me the below fail message but I logged in and was able to run MTM creation with QM this time.

However near the end of the MTM creation I got a server crash so I think I will go back to the drawing board and reinstall from scratch

Error creating the sample: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0003E The Lifecycle Project Administration (LPA) application made a request that was answered by an unexpected response code. The request was: https://localhost:9443/rm/clmSampleProject. The response was: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0003E

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 26 '13, 8:42 a.m.
Hi

Suggest you to try to run the qm/setup to register the QM application.
You may as well start from scratch if this is a new setup.

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 31 '13, 12:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
QM is part of the complete DNG 4.0.1 IM repository from the DNG 4.0.1 GA download page. I installed it, ran the custom setup wizard, created the MTM sample project, and during every step QM did show.
Like Rajat mentioned, I would install from scratch.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Jan 31 '13, 6:36 a.m.
When I download the full download of DNG the title of the donload says jts-ccm-rm-trialkeys-repo-401.zip

It is a 1.8 GB download.

Anyway it looks like qm is significantly missing from the zip title. Does that mean when you download DNG then qm is not included?

Is it only included in RRC download?

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Jan 31 '13, 7:16 a.m.
Details from the 2 respective download pages for DNG and RRC:-

DOORS NG download page
Jazz Team Server and CCM, QM, and RM Applications with Trial licenses for Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, and Rational Requirements Composer
Download zip file name
jts-ccm-rm-trialkeys-repo.zip (note qm is missing from title)
1770 Mb

RRC download page
Jazz Team Server and CCM, QM, and RM Applications with Trial licenses for Rational DOORS Next Generation, Rational Team Concert, and Rational Quality Manager
Download zip file name
jts-ccm-qm-rm-trialkeys-repo.zip
1772 Mb

When I installed from the DNG installer I had no QM functionality. The QM tag is also missing from the zip installer from the DNG download. Seems like a strange coincidence.

Has anyone actually done an install using the DNG 401 installer and got QM component installed OK?

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 31 '13, 12:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sean,
Referring to my previous post, I downloaded this:

IBM Installation Manager Repositories:
Jazz Team Server and CCM, QM, and RM Applications with Trial licenses for Rational DOORS Next Generation, Rational Team Concert, and Rational Quality Manager - All (1769.58 MB)

This resulted in the 1.8 GB JTS-CCM-RM-TrialKeys-repo-4.0.1.zip file, and yes it has QM when I installed and configured it. And yes you are right, QM is missing from the zip name. So not sure why you don't get QM installed. I have not tried the Web Installer.

I will alert the DNG release people to respond to this thread.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.