It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC License issue.

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Jan 25 '13, 8:47 p.m.
A client has 4.0.0.1 CLM for a trial that ends Feb 1st.

We tried to install the 4.0 starter pack for workgroups Developer. It gives an error that we cannot mix a regular Developer license with WorkGroup licenses. 

How do we install these licenses?

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 28 '13, 8:07 a.m.

anyone? 

3 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 28 '13, 8:09 a.m.
You can only have ONE Starter Pack or ONE 10-free installed per Jazz license server group.  You have to use one or the other but not both.  
If you are currently mixing free and paid you should consider upgrading your 10-free to the RTC Developer for Workgroups Starter Pack.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 28 '13, 8:16 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the response....however I am unclear on the answer. The customer is at an end to the 60day trial. We are trying to install the 10-Starter WG license. We are not mixing free with paid. We are converting from trial to paid.

Rajat Singh commented Jan 28 '13, 8:38 a.m.

Hi Sterling

If you are installing 10-Starter WG license (perpetual license) and you have the 10 free license installed it will ideally replace your 10 trial license key. You can have one or the other but not both.
Could you please share a screenshot of the error message?

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 28 '13, 9:52 a.m.

License error Hello,

Here is the error:

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jan 28 '13, 9:55 a.m.
I had this problem, it's a defect already tracked:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=242921

You can resolve it using the updated trial license that is attached to this work item. After this you can easily install your workgroups license.

Best regards,
Michele.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 28 '13, 10:24 a.m.

Hello, 

Thanks, that worked! I am now able to install the new WG licenses with no error. However, when I go to assign users licenses...it points only to the trial expired ones. Do I have to wait until Feb 1st to see the workgroup licenses?

thanks

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Feb 21 '14, 3:15 p.m.
Hello all,

I am on my 3rd customer with this problem. Are there any plans to fix this in 4.0.6 or 5.0?

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=242921

Really asking as it seems embarrassing and I have another RTC customer coming up in another week or two.

Scenario:
  1. Install and pilot RTC with trial license.
  2. Like RTC and purchase license (mostly 10-starter pack)
  3. Try to install 10-starter pack...error....
  4. Support refers to work item 24291 that says fixed in 4.0.0.1 and this Forum question, that "I" created.
thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.