It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Floating license checkout time" and other licensing data is not captured in Jazzmon html data files

Hollis Chui (2177) | asked Jan 25 '13, 4:30 p.m.
edited Jan 25 '13, 4:32 p.m.
I am currently working with a customer who has captured Jazzmon data on their JTS and CCM servers for a week.  In looking at the CounterContentServerXX.html source files, there is no licensing data shown (ie. Floating license checkout time). 

Customer is to check if any data is shown in the license key management in the JTS Admin webpage. 

Comments
Darren Haehnel commented Feb 05 '13, 10:06 a.m.

All of our RTC instances point to a single, separate license server to acquire licenses.  The RTC application servers properly list the central license server as the floating license server.  However, they only show the "Assigned" license counts under the "License Key Management" section.  There is no information under the "Issues Leases" section.  There is nothing available on the "Reports" section.

When I look at the JTS Admin page on the central license server, I see mixed information.  I can see the Floating licenses that have been installed on the server from the "License Key Management" page.  I can also see the leases on the "Issued Leases" page.  However, the "Reports" page shows "No license usage data found" for License Usage, License Denials, and License Usage Comparison.

One answer

permanent link
Ryan Smith (562) | answered Feb 28 '13, 9:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for trying out JazzMon.  The 1.4.0 version does know how to scrape basic license information from CounterContentServerXX.html files.  This is typically in the JTS server's CounterContentServerXX.html files.  If you open one of them and search for "Floating license concurrent use" it should direct you to the section in the html file that has the data we use.  I believe this html table will exist if your JTS server is configured as a floating license server.  I am not exactly sure what you need the floating license checkout time for so maybe this won't completely answer your question.

If I assume you are wanting to see your license usage over time, we do handle this case.  When the analysis is run, the delta between each snapshot is taken and you can see the License usage pattern over a typical workday.  The new analyzer spreadsheet will generate a graph of this pattern for you. The data is on the "license_flVal" tab and the graph is on the "Floating Licenses" tab.  Attaching a screenshot of some sample data I have:

Floating License Usage

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.