It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM4.0: Not able to import TCs using RQMExcelImporter if any cell has more than 255 characters

Nilesh Atal (11111) | asked Jan 25 '13, 4:27 a.m.

We are using RQM for our test management.

We are using RQMExcelImporter v1.0.4469 for importing TCs from Excel to RQM

Recently we have upgraded our RQM server to v4.0.1

After upgrade we are not able to import TCs to RQM if the any cell has more than 255 characters.

Same tool was working fine with RQM v3.x

Can you help us to overcome this limitation?

Is there any new RQMExcelImporter is available for do we need use any specific attribute to overcome the limitation of 255 characters.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Jan 25 '13, 7:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Nilesh,

What field in a Test Case are you trying to populate with 255+ characters?
The latest version of the RQM Excel/Word importer would be available on the Downloads page for RQM 4.0.1 (Under the 'All Downloads' tab) 

Nilesh Atal commented Jan 25 '13, 8:07 a.m.

Hi Ara..

Thanks for reply..
I am using testscript.steps.description, testscript.steps.expectedResult field which has more than 255 chars.
I will also try to use the latest RQM Excel/Word importer

3 answers

permanent link
Nilesh Atal (11111) | answered Jan 25 '13, 8:07 a.m.

Hi Ara..

Thanks for reply..
I am using testscript.steps.description, testscript.steps.expectedResult field which has more than 255 chars.
I will also try to use the latest RQM Excel/Word importer

Thanks

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 26 '13, 8:56 a.m.
Hi Nilesh

Please download the compatible excel importer for RQM v4.0.1 from the below link:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/4.0.1/RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-4.0.1.zip

Uninstall the previous importer from Add/Remove Programs and then install this plugin.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Nilesh Atal (11111) | answered Jan 28 '13, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Rajat,

I have installed RQMExcelImorter v4.0.1 but it does not solve issue :(
I am still having issue with importing TCs to RQM if any cell has more than 255 characters.
I am using Microsoft Office 2007

Error received in log as:
Sending testscript 20 named LabelModification_Project_CloneProjects...
Error sending to server LabelModification_Project_CloneProjects of type testscript
The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Error in the debug log:

Value of attribute "elements.summary" is 349 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes.
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.failIfNecessary(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:416)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.validateItem(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:379)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.validateItemWithPossibleRewrites(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:399)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.createImmutablePersistentCopy(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:1490)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.createImmutablePersistentCopyForSave(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:1461)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RdbRepositoryDataMediator.saveItemInTxn(RdbRepositoryDataMediator.java:540)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doSaveItemInTxn(RepositoryItemService.java:1083)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.access$10(RepositoryItemService.java:1077)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService$12.run(RepositoryItemService.java:1048)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:339)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:263)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:110)

Comments
Rajat Singh commented Jan 28 '13, 7:47 a.m.

Dear Nilesh

Could you please confirm if you are using RQM 4.0 or RQM 4.0.1?
There is also an enhancement request logged for this issue which is probably fixed in RQM 4.0.1.
If you are observing this issue in RQM v4.0.1, please add your comments to this enhancement:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21474548

Best Regards
Rajat

Nilesh Atal commented Jan 28 '13, 8:09 a.m.

Hi Rajat,
I am using RQM 4.0.1
Definitely we need more information so that user can take proper action

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.